I have a Eee PC T101MT and wanted to run Windows 8 on it. The same steps can be run on the Consumer Preview
Time to tweak the graphics! As the resolutions is only 600 not 768 in vertical you need to do the following.
- Type in regedit, you will then be shown a icon of regedit click/press on it or press Win + R to get the run prompt.
- Press Ctrl+F and search for Display1_DownScalingSupported in the registry. This will take a while.
- Once it has been found set its value to 1 to enable scaling.
- Hit F3 a few times to make sure you got all instances.
- Exit regedit and reboot the laptop. You can use Win + C n settings if using the keyboard.
- Once restarted click on the desktop tile and right click on the desktop to chenge the resolution.
- You now should be able to select 1024 x 768 (Note: This scales the screen and does not add pixels so some text and images may look weird.
All Done! Enjoy Windows 8 on your netbook.
As a note Win + Z, X or C are your friends in Windows 8. I am using it with keyboard and mouse and have not really noticed any drop in productivity. In face having the combination of touch and keyboard with Windows 8 makes things faster!